Cut the noise caused by poor data quality and enhance your campaign
actions taken to assess, cleanse, prioritise and differentiate personal data.
For most people, working in a quiet environment allows them to get more done. Noises and distractions interrupt us from getting ahead with our tasks, and time gets wasted.
Data can also become noisy and distracting – in day to day usage (manually exporting and importing files and trying to keep track of them), when you get a query or complaint (having to try and locate the information you need from myriad silos) and when you’re trying to use it for sales or marketing (contains incorrect contact information, causes a high bounce rate or simply is not a good prospect).
Furthermore, the higher a build-up of noisy data you have, the more time and money it takes to correct, complete or remove it. And it keeps coming in from all channels without a check in place.
So what causes noisy data? In our experience, there are 4 main causes:
- Nonsense – People muck about on forms and put in nonsense information for the fun of it
- Spec error – The leads do not meet specification, and are not fit for purpose
- Decay – The leads took too long to be delivered to and followed up on by Sales and have shopped elsewhere
- Adulteration – The lead has been sold on multiple times to different advertisers, having a drastic effect on the possibility to convert it
If you’re buying leads without having a check in place, you’re extremely likely to be wasting a degree of your budget. We find that between 20 and 40% is the usual amount of wasted budget on a lead generation campaign, and it’s down to receiving noisy, inaccurate data that doesn’t conform to the specification.
If you’re generating leads, for your own use or for 3rd party marketing, without a check in place, you’re likely to be allowing nonsense, inaccurate data into your marketing funnel, negatively skewing your results. If you don’t have an even playing field for reporting in the first place, your conversion stats are likely to be less flattering than they should be.
If you’re trading leads without a check in place, it’s likely that you’re getting a headache from the buyer about quality, the supplier about non-payment or the fact that the campaigns just aren’t performing as well as they should be. This may be because the buyer is receiving leads which don’t conform to their specification, or aren’t contactable, and the supplier isn’t duty bound to check prior to output and is supposed to be paid per lead generated.
This amounts to a lot of wasted time, budget and resource for all parties involved.
Where Identity Dynamics help
They cut the noise, conserve budget and ease the pain of lead generation
- Validation – check each lead to make sure it looks correct, and assess if it contains any offensive or joke language
- Verification – double check each piece of contact information (phone, mobile, email, address) to make sure that it’s live and true
- Human Verification – triple check to make sure that the above two checks didn’t mistakenly reject an otherwise good lead
- Differentiation – score each lead according to your criteria, and process them accordingly, for example gold, silver, bronze, price 1, price 2, price 3
- Prioritisation – based on the differentiation, prioritise each lead’s output e.g. to a different team, system, nurture process etc.
Once a lead has gone through these controls and passed them, LolaGrove can confirm that it meets the specification provided by the lead buyer. If a lead fails any of these controls, LolaGrove will reject it, and it will not be output to the data owner.
B2B leads often carry a higher price tag than B2C, and typically have a narrower specification. For this reason, additional Identity Dynamics can be deployed including:
- Job Title Validation – check that the lead’s job title meets the specification – for department, seniority, decision maker etc.
- Job Title Verification – check that the individual actually has that job title
- Company/Individual Corroboration – check that the individual actually works at the company stated.
- Company Validation – check that the stated company meets the specification, for example based on company size, type or sector or to do account-based marketing
- Company Verification – check that the company exists within registered company databases
- Company Details Appending – append additional information about the company to the record, such as registered number, website, registered address etc.
Depending on the outcomes of the above checks, the leads will be differentiated and prioritised for output to the data owner.
Wherever you generate leads from, having Identity Dynamics in place will provide you quality control across your entire programme.
As part of our service to you, we will work with you to produce a lead specification, which will define the data you’re gathering, and the dynamics you need to have applied to your campaign in LolaGrove.
Simply fill in the form opposite, and a member of the LolaGrove sales team will be in touch to find out more about your requirements, and to start getting you set up.
If you would like to learn more, or are interested in applying Identity Dynamics to your lead journey, fill out the form below and a member of the team will be in touch